Managing Your Diabetes at Home
Diabetes is a serious, lifelong illness, but you can still lead a healthy life. It’s all in how you manage your diabetes. It’s important to learn as much as possible about your disease and to get help from people who care.
What You Can Expect from Our Program
We know the lifestyle and diet changes you need to make can be tough. Through our program, you’ll receive the education you need to:
- Understand diabetes and its complications
- Use simple strategies to take responsibility and change your lifestyle
- Monitor your blood sugar levels and manage your medications, including insulin injections if necessary
Our team will work with you to set realistic goals that lead to controlling your diabetes through:
- Individualized education
- Instruction on glucose monitoring
- Lifestyle assessment including diet and exercise
- Medication management and insulin injection
- Understanding the disease process and complications
- Empowering you to take personal responsibility
How We Work with Your Doctor
You can count on our team to work with your doctor to implement your care plan and keep track of your progress. Your best health is our priority, so we’ll make sure your doctor is aware of your progress so adjustments can be made as needed, rather than waiting for your next doctor appointment.
We Keep Billing Easy and Stress Free
Getting better is your first priority. So we keep things simple. We bill Medicare and private insurers directly. Our self-pay clients find it easy to work with our billing staff.
About West Florida Health Home Care
We know you’d never invite just anyone into your home. So we promise:
- Our team is the best. How do we know? Because we hire each of the registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, home health aides, and medical social workers that make up our team. They are licensed, bonded, and share our values. We don’t use contractors.
- We’re always here for you. The registered nurses that lead our team are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You’ll be happy with our care. Our patients consistently rank us among the best of all home health care providers, according to the real-time patient satisfaction scores gathered by Strategic Healthcare Programs.
To see if we’re right for you, give us a call at (844) 887-2851.